Sunday, June 24, 2012

SP George Wyth

 Waterloo, 6-20-12, 1/105


I feel like this one is cheating a bit. I pass this park on my way to and from work. In fact it is so close that I could throw something out my window from the highway and hit the park. I go here regularly; sometimes just to read.
Regardless, here it is. There is camping, a beach, fishing, lodges, playgrounds, prairie, trails that lead to both Cedar Falls and Waterloo, I'm probably missing some other stuff. All of it is accessible via a main road that connects to Highway 218.
I love the trails here because I can go to or from nearly anywhere in Cedarloo from the park; it serves as a nice middle point hub to refill your water or use the restroom during a long ride. Along the edges, there are blackberry bushes that have a short but delicious season.  There are old-fashioned pull water from the ground pumps located in this park. There is no denying that I love this water; although I'm not sure exactly why. Sometimes instead of recycling; I will keep containers just to fill them with water from these pumps and drink amazing ground water for the next week.
Really, I am being unfair to this park. I go to it all the time. There really was no exploring for me left to do when I returned for this project because I have coming here and exploring for the last 5 years. So there are no 'Wow this is amazing' moments because it is familiar. So I suppose my curiosity has been pre-satisfied; but I still find cool stuff nearly every time I go.


Maple leaves with dew

Lilly pads unwrapping
 A quasi-fallen tree makes climbing easy. There are normally standing trees in the background for comparison.

 Deer hiding

Some fuzzy water plant

No comments:

Post a Comment