Thursday, January 10, 2013

SP Bixby

This should say "Bixby State Park". The park is closed, but the signature SP pillar remains.

Strawberry Point, 11/7/12, 41/105


When you enter this park there is a sign saying that the road is closed in 1000 feet. I drove past a couple of men fishing and didn't realize I had gone on the closed part. The road goes through a tree filled valley and got incredibly rough. By the time I figured out that I had crossed the 'closed' line, the GPS said that the exit was closer if I continued ahead. I really did not want to have to back down that rock farm of a hill that used to be the road. I made it out very impressed with my car for making it (a Yaris is not made for off-roading). It was actually kind of fun, for the most part driving in Iowa doesn't require much skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment